At the LetterWorks, we believe writing is a very personal and important matter, and sharing it with the world is the one of best ways to hone your craft. Many of our customers are submitting their writings to publications and even contests.
Winning a contest isn’t always about having the best story, format or editing. Sometimes your work just doesn’t mesh with the publisher’s theme. It could also be that your competition is very strong.
We think you should be rewarded for your efforts, even if you don’t come in first place. So the LetterWorks is holding our own contest!
In the spirit of being positive, we are calling it “The Smallest Winner!” contest. We will have multiple prizes:
- First place will be awarded to a contest winner with the smallest monetary amount won that wasn’t a first place win. First prize will be a $25 Visa gift card!
- Second place will be awarded to a contest winner for the largest monetary amount won that wasn’t a first place win. Second prize will be a free edit from theletterworks.com, up to 2500 words!
- We will have up to three honorable mentions. These will win a 50% discount off any edit up to 2500 words.
Winners will also have the option to have their publication link posted on the LetterWorks homepage!
To enter you can choose one of the following options:
- “Like Us” on Facebook and make a quick post on your page including the hashtag #theletterworks and mention the amount you won and where you submitted your work.
- “Follow Us” on Twitter @theletterworks for the amount you won, where you submitted your work, and include the hashtag: #theletterworks.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know the amount you won and where you submitted your work. Please include “The Smallest Winner” in the email subject.
Submissions should be received by November 10th, 2017. We will have the results of the contest by November 17th, 2017.
We will tally up the results, and if you win we will contact you in the same way entered the contest. You may enter as many times as you like, but your odds of winning depend upon the number of total entries and the value of those winnings. If we contact you, we will ask you for evidence of your winning (a published link or forwarded email, for example).
That’s it! Get writing and submitting. Good Luck!